Ruby and Tango

Ruby and Tango
Me 'n' Ruby and of course Tango

Sunday 13 November 2011

Golden Secrets

Do you ever have these moments when you suddenly recall a memory of something that happened possibly a long time ago, or even just the previous day.
It can come on at any time of the day or night, and stop you right in your tracks and  if it’s a good memory you just savour it all over again, you can be transported back to that day and time re-living the pleasure.
It needn’t be anything that would make front page news or be of interest to anyone else, it can be funny, amusing, sad or just heart stopping for reasons of it’s own.
It can triggered off by a scent, or passing by a familiar spot, when suddenly you recall a very special moment there.
I recall things from way back in childhood that for some reason or another have imprinted themselves in my memory, others much more recent where something inside me says ‘you will remember this’
It’s not things that you discuss with others be they friend or relative in case they think you’re a bit corny, but I’ll bet we all have them, besides they are usually too precious to be bandied around.
They are wraithlike and intangible and only for your pleasure., but I will share one which I recall, it was some years ago I was out walking my dogs, Tarc a GSD and Whisper the collie, it was a lovely day , pleasantly warm and with the slightest of breezes, we sat on the cliff top and just rested in companionable silence admiring the view across the water. What made it so memorable was the fact that the dogs just sat by my side quietly and waited, where normally they wouldn’t put up with me sitting down without them wanting to do something, it was as if they knew it was a ‘memory ‘ moment.  When I experience the same conditions and am on the cliff top, it comes back to me.
I’m not a great believer in religion , but I do often feel that we all have a guardian angel who visits us when we need her, maybe these are her moments with you.
At the end of the little reflection, you give yourself a shake, come out of your reverie and get on with the here and now, The memories are once again locked away in the Golden Secrets compartment for another day.
Guardian Angel

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I do get lost in my memories from time to time. I definitely believe in guardian angels too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you are talking about Arlene, they are golden moments which come only rarely but will stay with you forever. I had one of these moments in the garden of the Forbidden City, it was amazing. I totally believe in Guardian Angels, I find white feathers in very unusual places, I think these are signs from our angels to let us know they are there for us. I found a white feather straight after the moment I was talking about above, the only one I saw while I was in China, until I printed out some of my photos for an exhibition I am doing in a couple of weeks, there in one of the photos is a white feather....coincidence maybe? I don't think so. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky is that Poppy, what a lovely experience if you believe in Guardian Angels, as you do, I've never had anything quite so positive, but when I took the plunge to leave a bad situation and strike out on my own, several things happened that could have been 'uncomfortable' but turned out OK, and I just got the impression that someone or something was watching over me. Thanks for calling X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post Arlene I do believe in Gaurdian Angels , just sometimes when you think all is lost something happens. Bringing you back from a bad situation. Lovely post hope all well with you in your neck of the woods. Hugs Sheila and Wile-e :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just to say I love your vase of flowers on your header so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment.....Please? I appreciate every one and will do my best to reply.