If you come on here looking for some mind-blowing conversation or profound words of wisdom, well you've come to the wrong place and will be disappointed. I'm just an ordinary bod who likes to share my day with anyone who cares to listen. Tales of my dogs, my garden, my family and happenings in my life that I feel might just be amusing....If you're happy with that, draw up a chair, light up a ciggie if you wish or have a cup of tea and make yourself at home.
Ruby and Tango
Me 'n' Ruby and of course Tango
Monday, 1 October 2012
Worth a thought
The Charles Schulz Philosophy (This is marvellous!! Scroll thru slowly and read carefully to receive and enjoy full effect)
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schulz, the creator of the 'Peanuts' comic strip.
You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just ponder them.
Just read the e-mail straight through, and you'll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4 Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are no second-rate achievers.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies..
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money...or the most awards.
They simply are the ones who care the most
Pass this on to those people who have either made a difference in your life, or whom you keep close in your heart, like I did
'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia !'
''Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!"
Thank you for visiting and please come back, Arlene, Tango and Ruby