Ruby and Tango

Ruby and Tango
Me 'n' Ruby and of course Tango

Thursday 10 March 2011

I’m banned from the supermarket

I'm now banned from the local supermarket

I didn't really like shopping there anyway.

Yesterday I was  buying a large bag of Winalot dog food for my loyal pet.  I was in the checkout queue when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had,  an elephant?

So, since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Winalot Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t, because I ended up in hospital last time, but I'd lost 2 stone before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with Winalot nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again.

By this time practically everyone in queue was enthralled with my story.

Horrified, she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me.

I told her no, I stepped off the kerb to sniff an Irish Setter's a**e and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was

laughing so hard.

I'm now banned from Sainsbury's.

Better watch what you ask retired people.

They have all the time in the world to think of daft things to say.

th_oldlady2

.

6 comments:

  1. LOL!!! You have outdone yourself Arlene!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL !! I agree with Beth, Arlene great laugh xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such a great laugh, what a fantastic story. You must have blown that ladies mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all enjoyed it, If you want cheering up check into my joke blog, arlenes-thisnthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a good to be laugh and we needed more your jokes in a bad weather's times.
    You have a nice day,

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment.....Please? I appreciate every one and will do my best to reply.