Ruby and Tango

Ruby and Tango
Me 'n' Ruby and of course Tango

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Things that give me pleasure

A day like to-day when then sun is shining

Seeing a bird rest on a branch of a bush I’ve just planted

Noticing that my hellebores have survived another winter and are blooming, like to-day

P1010025P1010026

Looking in my bread machine to discover that the bread has risen perfectly when it’s for someone else as to-day for my daughter

After breaking the ice on the bird bath, seeing them all queuing up for a turn to bathe

Listening to a favourite piece of music when you can relax and drink it in

Watching my dogs sleep peacefully

Watching a painting I've been struggling with, just ‘come right’

On answering the telephone and hearing one of my family say ‘Hi Nan or Hi Mum’

The sheer bliss of getting in to a warm bed after a chilly night out

The unexpected pleasure of a lovely bunch of flowers from the kitchen manufacturers where I purchased mine from

P1010027P1010028P1010029

The sense of freedom by having the privilege of walking my dogs almost anywhere I want

Being sound, mentally and physically, I say this after reading of the struggle a woman is having just getting her legs to move after a spinal injury

Most of all

Being British !

I'll stop here as I don't wish to be a bore

I expect you could all come up with some ‘ exclusive to you’  pleasurable moments

3 comments:

  1. You have listed some wonderful things that have given you pleaseure. A sunny day and a flower in bloom would give me great pleasure too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful and I'm looking forward to blooming petunias.We are very fortunate to be happy with simple pleasures in life.I enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post Arelene yes indeed the simple things in life, to be oh so grateful for. My Hellebores have also sprung back into life. The doves are collecting twigs just outside my window to. Lovely Hugs Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment.....Please? I appreciate every one and will do my best to reply.