Ruby and Tango

Ruby and Tango
Me 'n' Ruby and of course Tango

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Close call

I think I mentioned that an old friend of mine had died, He, his wife and I being Scottish, struck up a friendship in the dog world. Cath died about 16years ago and Fergie the other week.

The funeral is on Friday, his daughter phoned me to tell me the date,time and cemetery, which I noted down and got in touch with other old dog friends to let them know.

Another mutual friend also phoned and on finishing the conversation, said see you at the Crematorium 12.30. ???? I said no, Jean, 2.30, that’s what Sheila said, a silence at the end of the line, then, I’m sure it’s 12.30 said Jean, oh! perhaps we should phone Sheila and check.

A phone call later…………I had somehow got it wrong, it was 12.30, So a quick back on line to contact others with an abject apology and giving the correct time.

Now, just  supposing Jean hadn’t said ‘see you at 12.30’  I, plus about four others whom I had informed, would have turned up two hours late for the funeral,  it’s a two hour journey for me, but that aside I'd have been mortified [very apt at a cemetery] ,what do you do in that sort of situation?, it doesn’t bear thinking about, I hope it’s not a sign of any jinx on the day.

4 comments:

  1. I have to make notes to myself about everything anymore and double check what I've noted just to make sure. Frankie knows this but she persists in telling me "Remind me to......, Don't let me forget....etc." At the rate my memory's going I'll probably be late for my own funeral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is when I get facts wrong, when I am stressed. That is probably what happened to you. I am glad it is all straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Crikey Arlene that was indeed a near miss, as your friends have said you were probably a bit stressed.Easily done , hope it goes well for you all on Friday. TaKE care and a big hug xSheila xand Wile-ex

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO not a jinx , Arlene, the jinx would have been had you not been lucky enough to be talking to Jean and her not saying see you @ 12.30, blimey talk about a close shave...BUT all is well, and things will be ok, Thank goodness!!
    Take care, and hugs and licks to you, Tango and Ruby, from me and Bess.xx

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment.....Please? I appreciate every one and will do my best to reply.