Ruby and Tango

Ruby and Tango
Me 'n' Ruby and of course Tango

Saturday 14 January 2012

Catch up

Not a lot to report, but I’ll try, My son in law has been decorating my bedroom, and it’s looking good, the first night [Tuesday] after he painted the woodwork I couldn’t sleep with the smell of paint, it was like the breath of a thousand camels, and I woke up with a head like a well smacked punchball,

It will look great when it’s finished, then he’s going to do the porch/dog area.

The other day I blogged about getting soaked in the awful down pour, well here are some photos of the field, it’s a rugby field P1010995P1010993 I was way down at the bottom end in the distance when the storm struck

This picture has got a folly in the background it’s Petersons Folly,they were built by rich men simply to show that they could afford it, this was apparently the first building made of concrete, and at the time the 2nd tallest building in UK

P1010998

I’ve got another couple of blogs in my mind so i’m logging off for now folks, enjoy what’s left of the weekend.

8 comments:

  1. So that is what a Folly is, never knew that. Glad you've dried off. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, i am going to google Peterson's folly and see what I can find out.
    The sun is finally shining here this afternoon and I am grateful for that. I was able to get to the store this morning and got a breath of fresh air.

    Waiting to see more pics of your walking areas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Horst, nice to see you and for your comment, I'm having a quiet day to-morrow as it's very cold here and apart from taking the dogs out, not much more to do. sending cyber hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth, first I am cheesed off with this tiny print I can hardly read it, I've tried to go into the help section but got nowhere, I've changed the font to default but no difference to the comments, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Anyhow thanks for comments, if you click the link it comes up as not found but if you click the 'search' thingy at the side of that it will take you to the google site, or go direct to google by putting in Sway Folly, there are a few sites on the folly and even I who live near found interesting and new.
    It was ruddy cold here this morning I had to break the ice on the bird bath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Arlene hope that smell has gone now from the paint. Enjoyed your pictures looks to be a very nice walk for you and the gals. Will be taking a look at that Link thank you Arlene. Enjoy your Monday. I have written a blog would you be kind and take a look , I think it may have turned out wrong somehow. Let me know please. Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Arlene thank you for your Visit ... the layout's keep changing on the blogs. I notice mine looks slightly different this morning. You mention the Tango and Ruby being poorly, well my sisters two little dogs have had the same, last week. Over in Shepperton Middx, they are a bit better now. If you want the recipe for the Cookies let me know.
    Have a good day hope the Gals are feeling better very soon.
    Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila, hope you enjoy reading about the Folly, it's at Sway in the N Forest, Tango is OK but Ruby has been quite poorly, a high temperature that won't come down so she's being swaddled in cold towels, and have another appointment in the morning
    Yes please send me your cookies recipe, i'm always up for something new. I'll check out your blog again. hugs to both, but for Wile-e at a distance, just in case :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Arlene I do hope that dear Ruby is getting better now and her temperature is normal. Thank you for the Link very interesting I must say. Hope you all get a good nights sleep.
    Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment.....Please? I appreciate every one and will do my best to reply.