Ruby and Tango

Ruby and Tango
Me 'n' Ruby and of course Tango

Thursday 5 January 2012

Todays walk etc

Sue my friend came over to-day and we went for a nice walk along the beach with her three and my two, I don't know if I mentioned that little Jasper, her Dad's cairn who we used to take out with us, passed away on Christmas Eve, he was such a cute little character, I photographed him and put it on here some time ago. so we're down to five on our walk, Stroodle, Widget, Nettle, Tango and Ruby

 It was a fresh, windy and chilly day, though nothing compared to the last few days, it was dry and that was the main thing. We did a good 2.1/2 hours at a leisurely pace, before half way I had to put Tango on the lead as he is getting more vague and is inclined to wander off, either that or hangs behind having a sniff and when he can't see us takes off after the nearest pair of legs!, unfortunately also being about 75% deaf now, it means a good sprint to fetch him back, it catches my throat when I think of my bright, busy intelligent dog is being reduced to this. However he accepts going on the lead now and trots along quite happily as long as I let him stop and have a sniff periodically.
I even managed to wash all the dirty dog towels and got them on the line drying beautifully, bliss!
I   came home and as I couldn't be bothered cooking, had some cereal and biscuits with cream cheese, I'll cook to-morrow. One of the upsides of living alone, you don't have to please someone else and pander to their food fads.
Here's dear little Jasper, and Widget, and Stroodle [she's a staffie/poodle, hence the unusual name, such a character! Widget is quiet and sweet.


6 comments:

  1. Sure glad y'all had a nice walking day. Sorry about your friends dog, Jasper. I bet he was a sweetis too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful critters! Wish I could let Molly and Buddy off their leads but with all the cats around and my bad back and legs I'd never catch up with them. Man, how I miss running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gr Gran he was a lovely little lad.
    It's such a shame that your dogs can't get the free running that they'd love. but at least they don't know any different and as they're well loved and content, does it matter, thanks fro dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good walk Arlene , sorry to hear about Jasper.Little beauties , dog towels with all this wet weather I can never have enough. Sheila and Wile-e send Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say the two in the picture little Beauties .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, thank you I Sheila I know what you meant, I actually caught up with washing the dogs towels and bedding to-day even got them dried as it's been sunny and enough breeze to do the job. Hugs from we3 XX

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment.....Please? I appreciate every one and will do my best to reply.